Important Account Information

Minnequa Works Credit Union is:

  • Insured by the NCUA (National Credit Union Administration, an agency of the U.S. Government.). Your savings is federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government.
  • An Equal Housing Lender. We do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act.
  • An Equal Opportunity Lender. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, income from public assistance or if you exercise a right under the Consumer Credit Protection Act.
  • An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
  • Per the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act of 2003 (FACT Act) the credit union may report information about your account to credit bureaus. Late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account may be reflected in your credit report.

Patriot Act

Important Information About Procedures for Opening a New Account
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.

What this Means for You:

  • When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you.
  • We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.

Check 21

A substitute check defined.
To make check processing faster, federal law permits financial institutions to replace original checks with “substitute checks.” These checks are similar in size to original checks with a slightly reduced image of the front and back of the original check. The front of a substitute check states: “This is a legal copy of your check. You can use it the same way you would use the original check.” You may use a substitute check as proof of payment just like the original check. Some or all of the checks that you receive back from us may be substitute checks. This notice describes rights you have when you receive substitute checks from us. The rights in this notice do not apply to original checks or to electronic debits to your account. However, you have rights under other law with respect to those transactions.

Your rights regarding substitute checks.
In certain cases, federal law provides a special procedure that allows you to request a refund for losses you suffer if a substitute check is posted to your account (for example, if you think that we withdrew the wrong amount from your account or we withdrew money from your account more than once for the same check).The losses you may attempt to recover under this procedure may include the amount that was withdrawn from your account and fees that were charged as a result of the withdrawal (for example, nonsufficient fund fees).

The amount of your refund under this procedure is limited to the amount of your loss or the amount of the substitute check, whichever is less. You also are entitled to dividends on the amount of your refund if your account is a dividend bearing account. If your loss exceeds the amount of the substitute check, you may be able to recover additional amounts under other law.

If you use this procedure, you may receive the amount of your refund up to $2,500 plus dividends within 10 business days after we received your claim and the remainder of your refund plus dividends not later than 45 calendar days after we received your claim. We may reverse the refund, including any dividends on the refund, if we are later able to demonstrate that the substitute check was correctly posted to your account.

Claim for a refund
If you believe that you have suffered a loss relating to a substitute check that you received and that was posted to your account, please contact Minnequa Works Credit Union, 1549 E. Abriendo Avenue, Pueblo, CO 81004, (719) 544-6928 .You must contact us within 40 calendar days of the date that we mailed or provided the substitute check in question or the account statement showing that the substitute check was posted to your account, whichever is later. We will extend this time period if you were not able to make a timely claim because of extraordinary circumstances. Your claim must include: a description of why you have suffered a loss (for example, you think the amount withdrawn was incorrect); an estimate of the amount of your loss; an explanation of why the substitute check you received is insufficient to confirm that you suffered a loss; and a copy of the substitute check or information to help us identify the substitute check: for example, the check number, the name of the person to whom you wrote the check, or the amount of the check.


You are Leaving Minnequa Works' Website

Minnequa Works provides links to web sites of other organizations in order to provide visitors with certain information. A link does not constitute an endorsement of content, viewpoint, policies, products or services of that web site. Once you link to another web site not maintained by Minnequa Works, you are subject to the terms and conditions of that web site, including but not limited to its privacy policy.

You will be redirected to

Click the link above to continue or CANCEL