Lost or Stolen Credit Card?
To report your MasterCard Credit or Debit Card lost or stolen after normal business hours please call 1-888-241-2510.
If you are told by someone on the phone to purchase gift cards and send them or give them to someone, it is a scam. No business, employer or entity will require you to purchase gift cards to authorize, verify anything or pay a debt or tax bill. If you ever have a question on any call requesting money or gift cards, please reach out to us right away. Don’t fall victim to the scammers!
We have had reports of members receiving text messages that want to verify purchase information claiming to be from Minnequa Works Credit Union. There is an option to reply, and when a reply is sent, they call you from what looks like our number.
This is one of the many tools the people committing fraud can use is making it appear the number they are calling from is a legitimate entity. If you receive one of these texts or calls, please hang up and call us directly at 719-544-6928.
If you ever suspect anything is wrong with information being requested over the phone, you can always just hang up and call us to verify the caller or person texting is an agent of the credit union.
Just a reminder to never give out your personal information over phone or text when you receive a call. This includes credit and debit card numbers, account numbers, secure access codes, passwords and login names, and information about yourself like social security number, date of birth etc. Real banking entities already have that information if you do business with them, and wont ever ask you for it unless it is to verify your identity when you call us.
If any kind of secure conversation needs to happen concerning those items above, you may always call us to verify that you are indeed talking to Minnequa Works.
The scammers are getting more creative in trying to get information from you. Please report anything suspicious to firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly.
Thank you for helping us protect you!
First time home buyer? We can help get you started with our first time home buyer’s guide! Coming soon!
Some Helpful Tips to Identify and Avoid Fraud –
- Don’t ever give any personal information over the phone to a caller.
- Places that have your information will not need to ask
- We will NEVER contact you requesting information (credit/debit card number, social security number, card pin etc.)
- Do not respond to “This is your financial institution” text messages and calls. If you receive one that concerns you, please contact us.
- Do not ever give out your online banking password, email password, or any other login information.
- ANY time a conversation turns to “I’m going to send you money, then you send this money here” is a big red flag. They would send the money themselves.
- If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
- Do not send or receive money to someone you met online.
- Do not use a Person to Person app to send or receive money from someone you don’t know. the transfers are non-refundable.
- If you are purchasing online, use the merchants site.
We are the gatekeepers on the security of your account. Please help us keep your accounts and information safe by not giving away the keys!
Any time you suspect you may be the victim of fraud or you think something is strange, please contact us. Scammers will usually tell you, “Don’t tell anyone at your bank” and that is exactly opposite of the truth. We can take steps to protect you!
We have loans for those looking for new purchases, as well as available loan relief for those affected by COVID-19. Please give us a call if you need help through this difficult time, you can start over the phone or on the web – applying is easy and fast, how can we work for you?
- ONLINE BANKING has a program inside that works just like quicken? Click “Your Money Works” in the lower left hand column and track your spending, budget your accounts and more!
- SMS TEXT BANKING allows you to check your balance from anywhere you have cell service – anytime! Just send a text to the number with BAL and get an instant response! Learn even more about it HERE. Activate it from inside online banking now!
- MOBILE BANKING is the ultimate time saver. View balances, transfer money, pay loans on Apple or Android phones – look in iTunes or the google play store for MWCU and download! More information and sign up help available HERE. Activate it from inside online banking now!
Not currently an online banking user? Sign up is easy – click here to begin. If you do not have a password on your account and it is after business hours, your account will be activated the following business day.
If you have a quote for a better rate at another institution, let us know! We just may be able to beat it and keep your money in your pocket.